Cosmetic Dentist Blog
Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
What your dentist in Cincinnati wants you to know
If you have a damaged or badly decayed tooth, chances are you are wondering if you should have a large filling put in, or if you should choose a crown. The truth is a crown can strengthen and protect your damaged tooth far better than a large filling can. Dr. Warren Gase in Cincinnati, OH wants to share the facts about how crowns can strengthen your damaged teeth and enhance the look of your smile.
A dental crown protects your entire tooth by covering the visible part of your tooth. When you bite down, the pressure and biting stress are spread evenly across all the surfaces of your tooth, preventing the tooth from breaking.
Dental crowns protect and strengthen your teeth, but that’s not all they can do. Today’s dental crowns can also improve the beauty of your smile. Not too many years ago, full gold and porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns were the only options available. Although they are still excellent crown materials because they are strong, both materials lacked the naturally beautiful look you want in a dental crown.
Now, there is another choice, a full porcelain crown! Porcelain has the unique ability to reflect light, just like your natural teeth do. This means a full porcelain crown will look and feel just like your natural tooth. People won’t even be able to tell you have a crown.
If you wish, you can still choose a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown. The choice is up to you. For more information about dental crowns and other restorative and cosmetic dental services call Dr. Gase in Cincinnati, OH. Find out more about what dental crowns can do for your smile by calling today!
Whether you are missing one or many teeth, you may have looked into tooth replacement options. If so, you have probably heard of dental implants. However, do you know the facts on these revolutionary dental restorations? Find out why you should consider dental implants with help from your Cincinnati, OH dentist.
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants from Your Cincinnati Dentist
- Convenience: The ease with which you can use your new implants is second to none. Your implants will feel, fit and function exactly like your natural teeth, with no special care or maintenance required. Unlike traditional dentures, which must soak in a special solution when not in use, your implants stay in your mouth where they belong. Simply brush and floss daily and make regular trips to your dentist to keep your dental implants healthy.
- Safe: Dental implants have a very high success rate. Modern implants have been in use for over 30 years and are made from titanium, which is a biocompatible and implant-grade metal. One of the only reasons implants reject is due to poor dental hygiene. This makes caring for your implants crucial to their health.
- Effective: Traditional dentures and bridges tend to quickly lose their shape and fit, causing them to move around the mouth. This could create potentially embarrassing speaking or eating situations. However, dental implants are completely secure in your mouth. The possibility of them moving around or coming loose is almost zero.
- Natural Appearance: Dental implants are as close as you can get to natural looking teeth. Tediously color-matched to your natural teeth, your implants will blend into your smile seamlessly.
- Durable: With proper care, dental implants last a lifetime. While the crown, or replacement tooth, may need replacement eventually, your jawbone grows around the implant to secure it into place. This means you will never have to replace the dental implant itself.
Implants and Your Teeth
A missing tooth is more than just an aesthetic problem; side effects from a missing tooth are abundant. From shifting teeth due to the gap to bone atrophy caused by little or no bone stimulation, a missing tooth causes more harm than it is worth. Dental implants secure into the jawbone, stimulating it and eliminating the chance of bone atrophy. The replacement tooth fills the space between the natural teeth, keeping the natural teeth in place.
For more information on dental implants, please contact Dr. Warren Gase in Cincinnati, OH. Call (513) 931-3001 to speak with an associate about scheduling your consultation for dental implants today!