Reasons to Consider Dental Implants
Whether you are missing one or many teeth, you may have looked into tooth replacement options. If so, you have probably heard of dental implants. However, do you know the facts on these revolutionary dental restorations? Find out why you should consider dental implants with help from your Cincinnati, OH dentist.
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants from Your Cincinnati Dentist
- Convenience: The ease with which you can use your new implants is second to none. Your implants will feel, fit and function exactly like your natural teeth, with no special care or maintenance required. Unlike traditional dentures, which must soak in a special solution when not in use, your implants stay in your mouth where they belong. Simply brush and floss daily and make regular trips to your dentist to keep your dental implants healthy.
- Safe: Dental implants have a very high success rate. Modern implants have been in use for over 30 years and are made from titanium, which is a biocompatible and implant-grade metal. One of the only reasons implants reject is due to poor dental hygiene. This makes caring for your implants crucial to their health.
- Effective: Traditional dentures and bridges tend to quickly lose their shape and fit, causing them to move around the mouth. This could create potentially embarrassing speaking or eating situations. However, dental implants are completely secure in your mouth. The possibility of them moving around or coming loose is almost zero.
- Natural Appearance: Dental implants are as close as you can get to natural looking teeth. Tediously color-matched to your natural teeth, your implants will blend into your smile seamlessly.
- Durable: With proper care, dental implants last a lifetime. While the crown, or replacement tooth, may need replacement eventually, your jawbone grows around the implant to secure it into place. This means you will never have to replace the dental implant itself.
Implants and Your Teeth
A missing tooth is more than just an aesthetic problem; side effects from a missing tooth are abundant. From shifting teeth due to the gap to bone atrophy caused by little or no bone stimulation, a missing tooth causes more harm than it is worth. Dental implants secure into the jawbone, stimulating it and eliminating the chance of bone atrophy. The replacement tooth fills the space between the natural teeth, keeping the natural teeth in place.
For more information on dental implants, please contact Dr. Warren Gase in Cincinnati, OH. Call (513) 931-3001 to speak with an associate about scheduling your consultation for dental implants today!